Contact: Ann Kritzer at (717) 285-2711 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Teachers are responsible for the care and education of a group of children as part of a teaching team. Lead and Assistant Teachers work together to plan and implement the scheduled activities and, with active participation of all members of the teaching team, work with parents and assess the needs of individual children.
Must be at least 18 years old with a High School diploma or general educational development certificate and one of the following:
30 credit hours from an accredited college or university in early childhood education, child development, special education, elementary education or the human services field.
15 credit hours from an accredited college or university in early childhood education, child development, special education, elementary education or the human services field and 1 year of experience with children. (1250 hours documented)
2 years of experience with children. (2500 hours documented)
To establish and maintain a safe and healthy environment
To promote developmentally appropriate practices
To strive to grow as a professional and support the team
All positions have a base salary between $8.50-12/hr with increases for education, experience and position.
Lead Teacher for Pre-Kindergarten & Preschool Teacher
Contact: Katie Nelson at (717) 637-2125 or email@example.com
The YWCA Hanover childcare center is growing and new and exciting things are happening! They are currently looking for a reliable, highly motivated and energetic lead teacher for their spacious newly remodeled Pre-Kindergarten classroom. The hours are 7:45-4:45 Monday-Friday. They are also looking for a preschool teacher for their three year old room. The hours for that are 8:30-5:30 Monday-Friday.
Candidate should be able to plan, implement and organize developmentally appropriate activities. Observe and assess each student’s growth and development. Maintain a positive, healthy and safe learning environment. Promote positive and professional relationships with children and families. Follow DHS regulations and maintain STAR 4 standards.
**Qualified applicants MUST have at minimum a preschool CDA or a degree in early childhood education or a related field and be able to obtain necessary clearances.
They offer competitive benefits!
Health, dental and vision insurance
Generous paid time off
Professional development opportunities
College tuition reimbursement
Yearly ERA bonus after one year of employment
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $12.00 to $13.00 /hour
Contact: Brittany Nissley at (717) 243-2525
Teacher of YWCA Carlisle preschool program.
- Enhances and maintains students’ interest in learning through creative activities and effective teaching techniques.
- Teaches class in a loosely structured learning environment to develop children’s cognitive and intellectual skills. Guides children in activities designed to foster their emotional, social, physical, and intellectual growth.
- Uses a system of positive reinforcement to promote appropriate, safe and respectful behavior at school. Sets clear, consistent, fair limits for behavior and models appropriate problem solving skills while guiding students to resolve conflicts peacefully.
- Develops daily activities and adjusts curriculum to accommodate students’ interest and abilities, with a special emphasis on meeting mission.
- Communicates with parents regularly, both verbally and through a monthly newsletter. Schedules conferences with interested parents in the spring, either before or after school hours. Also, schedules conferences when specially requested.
- Consults with Preschool Director when a child displays unusual physical or emotional problems and accurately, officially documents all observations and incidents. Effectively and regularly communicates with parents/guardians to resolve behavioral matters.
- Stays abreast of current child growth and development theories and principles through in-service training, workshops, and reading in the Early Childhood Education field.
- Participates as requested in organization’s all-staff mission trainings or retreats.
- Works as a collaborating team member with other teachers and aides and all YWCA staff.
- Keeps room attractive and inviting, changing bulletin boards periodically to reflect classroom themes, mission work of the organization and current education trends.
- Prepares students for entering the public or private school system by following kindergarten readiness guidelines.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- College degree in Early Childhood, Elementary or related field with relevant experience
- Training and experience working with preschoolers
- CPR/First Aid training
- Acceptable Criminal History, Child Abuse, and FBI clearances
- Commitment to YWCA mission of Eliminating Racism & Empowering Women and Girls
Provider Job Openings:
If you are a child care provider and have a current job opening that you would like to list on our site, complete the form below: