Assistant Director-Program Coach
Contact: Amy Costa at (717) 266-6555 or Director@sunbeamstation.org
Sunbeam Station Child Care in Manchester, PA is looking for an Assistant Director- Program Coach. The Assistant Director should be a committed individual who wants to make a difference in the lives of young children and their families while helping to effectively and efficiently run the center’s operations within the Christian ministry here at Sunbeam Station Child Care.
Preference will be given to candidates trained as a PBIS facilitator or candidates willing to work towards completing the PBIS facilitator process.
Organizational Support Responsibilities:
• Attendance- is in regular attendance
• Flexibility- comes in before shift if needed to cover for a call off
• Follows safety policies, procedures, and standards
• Adheres to the Sunbeam Station Employee Handbook
Scope of Duties include but are not limited to:
• Perform duties of Director in Director’s Absence.
• Supervise and Coach all staff within the program.
• Oversee our School Age Program
• Maintain a safe environment
• Responsible for scheduling and implementing the new staff orientation for staff and volunteers.
• Forward all requests for purchasing supplies, equipment, etc to the Director.
• Report all incidents, staff and parent concerns to the Director.
• Assist Director in preparing and developing appropriate presentations for Leadership meetings and Staff Development days.
• Complete weekly or biweekly observations in each classroom and give feedback to each team.
• Check and give feedback on weekly lesson plans.
• Oversee Room Coverage to maintain proper staff to child ratios.
• Help cover in classrooms when needed
• Awareness of responsibilities in the event of fire, emergency or disaster and follow the Emergency plan.
• Help staff with STARS Professional Development plans and completing licensing hours each year.
• Responsible for incident/ accident reports and medication logs collaboratively with the Director.
• Participate in planning and informational meetings with Director as needed.
• Assist with tours and enrollment meetings
• Provide ongoing daily communication to parents
• Obtain and help teachers complete Ages & Stages questionnaires on each new child.
• Assist Teachers and children with behaviors in the classroom
Preference will be given to candidates trained as a PBIS facilitator or candidates willing to work towards completing the PBIS facilitator process. PBIS Facilitator weekly duties will also include;
• Planning and Implementing M & M Express- weekly Monday morning all school assembly which celebrates Birthdays, Anniversaries, and special occasions as well as starts the week off on a positive note. (15 minutes)
• Planning and implementing a weekly lesson in each classroom. (20- 30 minute lessons)
• Planning and implementing a lesson with School Age students on early dismissals and days off from school. (30 minute lessons)
• Attend any necessary PBIS trainings
• Complete any necessary PBIS monitoring
• Perform other duties assigned by the Director.
An open and equitable personnel system will be established and maintained. Personnel policies, procedures and practices will be designed to prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, color, religious creed, disability, ancestry, national origin, age, sex, or any other legally protected characteristic.
Provider Job Openings:
If you are a child care provider and have a current job opening that you would like to list on our site, complete the form below: