Serving child care provider's needs with...

Professional development opportunities

Increased professional knowledge

Enhancements to the quality of child care offered

Professional guidance

  • how to start/expand a child care program
  • state regulations
  • health & safety
  • child development issues
  • developmentally appropriate practices
  • business practices

Connections to Caregiving
A pre-service training series for those interested in becoming state regulated as a Family Child Care Home or in starting or expanding to a Group Child Care Home. Click here for the registration form for the Spring 2017 session.

P.A.C.E. (Providing Advanced Child Care Education)

A training series available to York County home based providers who have been in business a minimum of one year.  This includes on-site mentoring and technical assistance.

Current information about today's child care trends affecting the workplaces

Networking opportunities

Current statistical data on the rates and supply of child care in a specific area

A professional resource library

Call: Annette Artis at (717) 771-8561 or (800)864-4925 x 561 for more information


Attention: Relative Neighbor Child Care Providers and

DHS Certified Family Day Care Homes

Would you like help paying for food you serve to children in your care?

Now you can get paid for meals and snacks you serve at home to children in your care.



Child and Adult Care Food Program (CACFP)


Do you want to make a lasting impact on the health and wellness of those in your care?

Would you like to offer healthier meals and snacks?

Would you like to receive funding to supplement the cost of serving healthy meals and snacks?

Consider participating in the Child and Adult Care Food Program.

Be part of promoting good nutrition and positive health habits for children.

What is the Child Care Food Program?

The Child and Adult Care food program is funded by the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) through  the PA Department of Education. The primary goal of this program is to help children receive nutritious meals while introducing them to a variety of different types of food.  The exposure of good nutrition at an early age benefits children by promoting healthy eating habits to last throughout their lives. 

The program is available to children, 0 through 12 years of age who are in care in a DHS registered home-based facility, either a group or a family child care home. 

Click Here to: Learn more about the USDA Child & Adult Care Food Program

What is needed for a Child Care Provider to Participate?

  • A clear DHS Certificate of Registration
  • Serve meals according to Meal Pattern Requirements for Older Children (1-12 years) and            Infants (0-11 months)
  • Keep accurate attendance & menu records on DAILY BASIS
  • Be available for no less than 3 monitoring visits per year from a CACFP monitoring staff member
  • Participate in and complete the mandatory annual nutrition training

What are the benefits of participating in the Child and Adult Care Food Program?

  • Provides funding to supplement the cost of healthy meals and snacks.
  • Teaches children at an early age a healthier way of eating that will last a lifetime.
  • Gives parents and caregivers confidence knowing that you are invested in the health and well-being   of their children or adult family members.
  • Offers guidance in menu planning and recipe ideas.
  • Offers technical assistance and consultation to assist in your program’s success

    We now have Minute Menu! 


          FREE On-line Claiming with Minute Menu


For more information on how you can join, call 1-800-864-4925

Child Care Consultants sponsors the Child and Adult Care Food Program in Adams, Cumberland, Dauphin, Franklin, Lancaster, Lebanon and York Counties

In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA.

Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits. Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339.

Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.

To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, (AD-3027) found online at: http://www.ascr.usda.gov/complaint_filing_cust.html, and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit yourcompleted form or letter to USDA by:

(1) Mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture

Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights

1400 Independence Avenue, SW

Washington, D.C. 20250-9410;

(2) Fax: (202) 690-7442; or

(3) E-mail: program.intake@usda.gov.

This institution is an equal opportunity provider.